Due to the UK bank holiday on Monday all orders placed this weekend will be dispatched by Wednesday the 31st May.
Lumos - Write
The Bic pen is one of the most popular writing instruments in the world, with over 100 billion produced since its inception. While convenient, consistent, and light, the fact that these billions of pens will sit in landfills for thousands of years is a major downside.
That's why I designed the Lumos - Refillable Writing Pen. This pen is built to last and provide as much utility as possible. Here are some of its features:
- Infinitely refillable: The Lumos writing pen has a reservoir that can be easily refilled just by dipping it in ink. It works by capillary action, which feeds the pen tip and keeps the ink flowing beautifully.
- Two tip sizes: The refillable pen comes with two tip sizes, fine (approx. 0.3) and medium (approx. 0.5), so you can try both and see which you prefer.
- Any ink colour: You're no longer limited to just blue and black. You can refill your pen with any fountain ink colour, including waterproof pigment ink.
- Smooth tips: The Lumos writing pen comes with an incredible Japanese-made writing tip that provides just the right level of feedback on paper. You can write at any angle, and the tip is incredibly durable, so no matter how hard you press on the paper, it will take it. When the tip does eventually wear out, all that needs replacing is this tiny tip.
- Drawing the line: Disposable drawing pens are also a problem, but the Lumos pen solves that issue too. With its rounded tip, you can make hairline strokes as well as thicker lines, and the pen has a beautiful feel on the page. Combine it with pigment inks, and you have a professional drawing pen with an extremely durable tip.
- Endlessly interchangeable: The Lumos Refillable writing pen doesn't limit you to just one tip type. You can easily swap between another 9 different tip styles, including fineliners (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.8, 1.0) and felt-tips (2mm chisel, bullet, and brush). You can find the full creative tip set here.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Choose between: Super Grippy Matt Black
- The Lumos - Refillable Writing Pen comes with two writing tips a 0.3 and a 0.5 so that you can choose which one works best for you. You can buy replacement writing or other tips here in packs of 3 here: Lumos tips.
- A reusable cotton core reservoir for each nib, spares available here: Lumos reservoirs. The longer version works in this pen
- The pen includes a Tom's Studio - Deep Black Ink (not waterproof) 5ml bottle of ink. More colours are available here: Fountain pen ink as well as waterproof pigment inks . Calligraphy Inks are not compatible (find out more in FAQs below).
Full FAQs can be found here
What ink can I use?
- All nibs will work with all but the most experimental fountain pen inks (think shimmer + iridescent). I've tried a LOT and I'm yet to find one that doesn't work well. I'd encourage you to experiment and find the inks that work best for you!
Pigment Ink for fountain pens can be found here.
Calligraphy Ink has an acrylic binder which will block the Pen
What are the differences between the Duo and the Single Lumos?
The Duo Lumos allows you to have two different pens in one body, allowing you to easily change between nibs and ink colours on either side.
The Single Lumos has one tip and one ink reservoir which is double the Duo's reservoir size.
What's the difference between the Lumos and other refillable technical pens? (E.g. Rotring Isograph and Copic Multiliner).
Please find my explainer here
Having now had a chance to put Tom’s Lumos Writer pen through its paces, I’m really pleased that I forked out the money for it.
I find that it’s so convenient being able to change the nib quite quickly and easily. I’m a watercolourist who, when drawing with ink too, uses the finest nib available. I was pleased to find that I can make marks on my rough Arches paper that I can vary in tone when shading. This is something that I find quite difficult to do with other fine liners. When they’re new, obviously they lay down a juicy black line, whereas somehow (and I don’t know how he’s managed this) but with the Lumos fineliner, I find I can vary the tone, even after I’ve newly refilled it.
I’m really enjoying using this instrument oh, and I do appreciate the fact that Tom’s sense of style and prevented him from plastering a logo all over it.
Thank you for simply, a very stylish, quality drawing instrument.
From a happy customer.
This is my Lumos number two having bought a Lumos Duo when first launched. They are my go to pens. The Lumos - Write is a joy to use, it writes so smoothly and feels good in your hand. Customer service is excellent, speedy response and very friendly.
The Lumos Single Editions
Things aren't always Black and White.
Any ink colour anytime. The Lumos is designed so that you can refill with any fountain pen ink (and even some pigment inks). So there are no limits to your colour palette when creating your next masterpiece.
Make it Yours
We all have our favourite nib sizes and styles. Customising your Lumos to be your perfect writing, drawing or doodling companion couldn't be easier!
Watch the how to:
Tip, Top, Tips
Japan is where the best technical pens are made. I was never going to be able to design anything that came close to the precision and decades of perfectionism of a Japanese-made nib. So I designed the Lumos around them, with 9 sizes and types you are sure to find the ones to perfectly suit your style.
Reduce, Reuse, Refill
It's always seemed crazy to me to have to dispose of an otherwise amazing pen, just because it has run out of ink! With it's interchangeable ink reservoir the Lumos allows you to easily refill with your ink colour of choice. You'll also never have to buy another pen again! No more refills, No more waste
As a designer, I am always reaching for at least two pens to highlight or add details in different styles to my work. Different pen styles offer different functions, whether that's accentuating detail in a drawing, changing between line weights, or just doodling for the fun of it I wanted to create a pen that you could use for a variety of tasks and that you could truly customise to the way you work.
Lumos - Duo
Use any ink colour or combination of the 9 tip styles