Social Media and Influencer Manager
Tom's Studio is a fast growing, modern stationery company for all creators, from creative professionals to professional doodlers.
We’re a pioneering, founder-led company dedicated to disrupting a stale, old-fashioned and environmentally questionable industry. From calligraphy to fountain pens to vibrant inks to sustainable paper products and our bestselling Lumos pen - infinitely refillable and compatible with 11 Japanese tips - our mission is to create innovative and environmentally conscious stationery tools that inspire creativity while minimising the impact on the planet.
We’re currently going through an exciting growth period and this is a chance to be right at the heart of a digitally native stationery brand, doing things a bit differently.
Working in a small but talented team in a start-up environment, we’re looking for someone to own our social presence and influencer marketing channel. We’ve built up a highly engaged and loyal community so far, and are now looking for someone to take it to the next level.
In this role you’ll be responsible for owning and executing our organic social channels. You’ll manage the social content calendar, planning, creating and posting highly relevant and engaging content across Instagram, TikTok and other social channels. You’ll work closely with our Founder Tom to ensure his voice is a regular presence, reading and responding to all interactions with our community, developing a deep understanding of our community and leveraging data to learn how they respond to our content, identifying trends and regularly analysing and reporting back on KPIs.
In addition to owning social, you’ll also run our influencer marketing channel, developing relationships with a creative army of ambassadors across the globe to spread the word about Tom’s Studio and our amazing products. You’ll grow our affiliate-based ambassador program several-fold, identifying new ambassadors, tools and approaches to scaling it, reporting regularly on the performance of the channel and acting as the key point of contact for our ambassadors, ensuring they have a first class experience of the brand and our products. As part of this role you’ll identify ambassadors for regular content takeovers on our social channels and identify suitable ambassador produced content for use on our paid marketing channels.
We’re looking for someone:
- Who knows social deeply, has a love of creativity and/or stationery and believes that a building a highly engaged community beats growing followers for the sake of it
- Is a social media architect, knows how to build a presence across platforms that will resonate and develop brand loyalty with our creative community and ultimately drive our business.
- Keeps up to date on social trends, new social platforms and is able to map this to action
- Thinks both creativity and commercially - believes everything ties back to a measurable outcome
- Can analyse social data, prepare reports and insights, and optimise a strategy based on results
- A self-starter and can work just as effectively as part of team as well as autonomously
- Willing to roll up their sleeves, grab a camera and shoot static and video content that feels authentic
- Is able to think analytically and comfortable working with KPIs to measure the impact of your work and iterate accordingly
- Who can get under the skin of our brand, understands what we stand for and is able to translate this into well crafted copy and messaging that feels distinctly ‘us’, leveraging AI tools to maximise productivity and output without compromising quality and authenticity
- Is a natural at building relationships both internally and externally, and comfortable communicating with a global community of brand ambassadors
- 3+ years experience running social media or an influencer program ideally in a D2C or retail brand, or similar fast-paced environment
- You KNOW social media and the dynamics of each platform - especially Instagram and TikTok
- Proven experience growing a brand’s following and engagement across several social channels, and able to quantify the impact this has had on the growth of the brand
- Have a track-record for creating fun and engaging brand content
- Have some image and video editing experience (you don’t need to be an expert)
- Superb written and verbal communication skills - you’re the first to spot a typo or gramatical error
- Excellent communicator - comfortable speaking with a range of stakeholders from internal teams, to founders to external ambassadors - acting as a representative of Tom’s Studio
- Self-motivated, highly organised and able to self-manage whether working in an office or remotely
- Meticulous attention to detail, constantly checking what you are doing
- Results driven with an analytical mindset wanting to know what has worked, why and how to improve things in the future
- Comfortable moving at pace; why wait until tomorrow if it can be done today
- Have a passion for branding and brand execution, and an appreciation of modern design trends and/or a love of stationery and creative tools
- Value honesty and personal growth above ego
- Bonus points if you’ve managed an influencer or affiliate marketing program
This role would require being in our Hampshire office (Ringwood) 2-3 days per week where our Founder Tom is located and the commercial team is regularly based.
If you think this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. We love a well-crafted and tailored cover letter (be as creative as you like!), so please submit this along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media and Influencer Manager’ as the email title.