The Tom's Studio - Pro-Flex Fountain Pen Nib
A gamechanging, flexible fountain pen nib.
FYI, this is a professional grade nib so please make sure you understand your purchase by reading the GOOD TO KNOW section before ordering.
My Pro-Flex Nib (PATENT PENDING) has been designed from the ground up and has a few novel features which seperate it from the your standard flex nib:
- The Pro-Flex is fitted with a Titanium Coated Zebra G calligraphy nib, this is the cream of the crop when it comes to calligraphy nibs and gives you the finest of fine strokes and the juiciest of thicker strokes. It's perfect for drawing, calligraphy and just putting pen to paper. It flexes from hairline to 2mm.
- A new ink delivery system, the feed (which delivers the ink) is designed to stay in contact with the nib. It does this by having an integrated 'leaf spring' which means that the feed flexes when the nib does! Most flex pens fail when the feed loses contact with the nib but this invention means that it will always deliver a consistent amount of ink.
- This snazzy little feature also acts like a 'sump' which stores excess ink and releases it when the nib needs it.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Most fountain pen nibs are made from Stainless steel which is super resistant to corrosion but is also hard as nails. Calligraphy nibs are made from softer, springier alloys, which allow them to flex with very little pressure. The tradeoff is that they corrode over time. However, the Titanium coating protects the nib and makes it last up to 6x longer than a standard nib. Once your nib eventually does bite the dust, you can remove it with pliers and replace with a new nib available here
- This is a very juicy nib, which is amazing when it comes to performance but can on occasion cause the nib to leak when you're not intending it to. If this happens, just remove the cartridge or convertor before traveling or storing. I will be making stoppers for your cartridges soon too!
- A very frustrating feature of eye-dropper pens is that they on occasion suffer from something called 'ink burping' (very unpleasant :) ). This is a mystery, the greatest minds are still trying to decipher but it can mean that ink hungry nibs like the pro-flex can be affected by inconsistent ink flow. If this happens it may be worth reverting to an ink cartridge or convertor.
- Made to work in all of my pens and more, the housing is a Bock 250 size 6 which is common to lots of lovely tools.
Standard Shipping Costs:
EU: Our shipping costs vary by country and are calculated at checkout.
USA: from $10.50 (charged in local currency)
Rest of the world:
We Ship Internationally. We take care of VAT and customs duty for EU customers. Your order will be shipped within 48 hours when in stock, please refer to lead times of the product you are buying, as some handmade / hand dipped products may take longer until we send them. Delivery is calculated from dispatch. All UK orders are shipped using Royal Mail Tracked 48. If you need your order by a specific date there is a next-day Special Delivery option.
If your order contains a pre-order item, your whole order will be shipped together in order to minimise our carbon footprint. So please refer to pre-order delivery times in this instance. Alternatively, you can ask us to split the order. In this case additional delivery costs will apply. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Buy it with
Bought my second pro-flex as so please that with the first and that I can do calligraphy on the go. Also appreciated the second nib. Beautiful fountain pen and nib
Ich habe die Titanfeder und die Feine. Aber diese ist die Beste. Die superdünne Line ist einzigartig- und im Gegensatz die Breite. Ich nutze sie für Modern Lettering.
This is just one of the nibs I have from Tom’s Studio but it is my favourite so flexible. Flexibly is great and it is so smooth. Love writing with it.
Flexes beuatifully. Now I just need to learn how to use it properly! :-)
This really does work! I’m delighted to find I can get very fine and thicker strokes with this nib.