Social Media and Community Manager
Tom’s Studio is a design-led company focused on creating extraordinary, joyful and sustainable creative tools. Manufacturing and shipping high end products, we sell to creative folks across the globe.
Working with a small but mighty team, you will have the opportunity to get stuck into some gloriously creative projects, from communicating the merits of our products to customers through social channels to being a key part of the growth of the company. This is a role for a creative polymath who is keen to apply their skills on a commercial level with a highly ambitious and focused team of creative folks.
We are currently going through an exciting growth period and we’re looking for a passionate Community Manager to join our team and help nurture and expand our thriving online community, creating inspiring content that helps people be creative and enjoy all the benefits it brings.
We are looking for an individual with meticulous attention to detail who is able to act quickly to execute ideas, is excited about fostering the incredible Tom’s Studio community and helping us reach new audiences. We think this is a dream job, and we are looking for someone brilliant to step into it!
Responsibilities will include:
- Strategically planning and managing our content campaigns across all channels – Instagram, Email, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok and Pinterest – driving continuous growth, reach and engagement working closely with our founder Tom
- Keeping up to date on current trends and proactively producing content across all channels to engage and inspire our audience and grow brand awareness
- Creating and editing relatable, fun and inspiring videos for TikTok, Instagram Reels and Pinterest Ideas Pins
- Thinking out of the box and bringing innovation and passion to every project
- Full of content ideas that not only inspire and motivate folks to be creative but also have a commercial strategy in mind
- Being part of the Design & Marketing team, supporting our 360-marketing strategy, owning our social media calendar and communicating all plans to the team
- Starting conversations with our community, encouraging UGC and driving growth through active community management using our friendly brand tone of voice through all communications
- Producing reactive content to ensure we are always staying on top of what people are talking about.
- Delivering compelling copywriting to craft engaging captions
- Working with influencers to develop brand awareness and to curate content
- Working closely with Tom to ensure consistencies of content across organic and paid platforms, ensuring paid campaigns align with and reinforce organic content
- Weekly and monthly monitoring and reporting on the performance of each channel
- Planning and budgetary control of social media marketing
You will need to:
- Have an excellent understanding of current online social trends, strategy and best practice across the different social channels. This is a brand-new position, so it is an exciting opportunity for someone with a proven track record in content marketing to join our small team and shape the future direction of our brand. We’re looking for someone that lives and breathes community with their finger on the pulse and who GETS how totally different each platform is! You should understand beautiful branding and brand execution, be results driven, naturally curious and have a passion for compelling messaging. You should be self-motivated as this role can be based from home, confident, a creative thinker and be super communicator.
Above all, you should:
- Have proven experience in growing a brand’s following and engagement across all social channel.
- Have a talent and understanding of calligraphy and/or similar creative arts and be able to demonstrate how to create beautiful work using our tools to an audience.
- Ideally experience within a similar role in-house or agency
- Ideally experience in the retail or eCommerce industry, or demonstrably similar fast-paced environment
- Have a track-record for creating fun and engaging brand content
- Have image and video editing experience
- Have superb written and verbal communication skills
- Be self-motivated, organised and able to self-manage when working from home
- Have meticulous attention to detail, constantly checking what you are doing and acting as a brand guardian
- Be results driven with an analytical mindset wanting to know what has worked, why and how to improve things in the future
- Be able to act quickly to execute ideas
- Understand beautiful branding and brand execution, an appreciation of modern graphic design trends, and a love of stationery and creative tools
- Value honesty and personal growth above ego
- Have a passion for our business and a positive attitude
This role can be remote, but some onsite days at our Bournemouth studio would be preferable for key events and team days. Our usual team working hours are 9 – 17:00 but we are happy to discuss flexible working. We also imagine this is a full-time job but are very happy to discuss part-time too.
Starting salary of circa £26K dependent on experience. Plus, paid holiday, pension, team events and a staff discount on Tom’s Studio products.
We strive to be an inspiring, creative and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome, and everyone can be themselves and encourage all to apply.... and if you adore stationery and creative tools that is always very helpful!
If you think this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. We love a well-crafted and tailored cover letter (be as creative as you like!), so please submit this along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Community Manager’ as the email title. The timescale is open but we would love to see applications before the end of January