Tom's Studio - Fountain Pen Nibs
Beauty is in the eye of the pen holder
Fountain Pen Nibs:
Made exclusively for our fountain pens, all of my nibs are tipped with incredibly hard-wearing iridium for super smooth writing, and are plated in a 14k gold for a classically stunning look. As a bonus all nibs can be interchanged so you can easily write in different styles whenever it suits you.
- Extra Fine Semi-Flex - A beautiful extra fine fountain pen nib with flex! This is a great middle-ground between the Pro Flex and our classic fountain pen nib, with its smooth writing experience and minimal maintenance. By applying a little pressure the nib will flex from 0.5mm to 1.5mm.
- Fine - A springy and smooth nib perfect for delicate thin strokes, with a smidge of flex if you're feeling creative.
- Medium - The go-to nib for the author, journaller or note-taker. This is a firm and consistent nib for everyday writing.
- Architect - This is the opposite of the Italic nib, with a broad cross stroke and a thin down stroke. It's my personal favourite - the effortless big juicy lines make it my go-to for sketching and everyday use.
Titanium - This beauty is the ultimate flex as it's a lot softer than stainless steel nibs. It's perfectly paired with our fountain pens to practice calligraphy when you just want to get cracking without having to prep all your nibs and ink or you're out and about. Titanium is also bombproof so it will carry on writing for decades to come. It's the best flex nib with the least maintenance.
- I've designed the prototype Pro-Flex with an innovative leaf spring which moves with the nib. It's a 3D printed white feed (which by happy accident changes colour depending on the ink used in the pen). It's early days but we've had rave reviews from customers and calligraphers alike and it seems to be performing as well as the original Pro-Flex for consistent ink flow when fully flexed. All feedback welcome to further improve the design! Please note this uses a specialist calligraphy nib which will need replacing (buy replacements here) read more about this special nib here:
Extra Fine Semi-Flex - Extra Inky
I've applied the same 3D printed white feed design (which by happy accident changes colour depending on the ink used in the pen) to the Semi-Flex nib for improved ink flow. Because this is fitted with a flexible fountain pen nib, this option is for the casual calligrapher who likes the flexible fun this nib provides without the faff of changing a professional calligraphy nib when it corrodes.
Standard Shipping Costs:
EU: Our shipping costs vary by country and are calculated at checkout.
USA: from $10.50 (charged in local currency)
Rest of the world:
We Ship Internationally. We take care of VAT and customs duty for EU customers. Your order will be shipped within 48 hours when in stock, please refer to lead times of the product you are buying, as some handmade / hand dipped products may take longer until we send them. Delivery is calculated from dispatch. All UK orders are shipped using Royal Mail Tracked 48. If you need your order by a specific date there is a next-day Special Delivery option.
If your order contains a pre-order item, your whole order will be shipped together in order to minimise our carbon footprint. So please refer to pre-order delivery times in this instance. Alternatively, you can ask us to split the order. In this case additional delivery costs will apply. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Just received this nib from Tom. Its a standard number 6 push in fit, so it's gone into my Kanwrite fountain pen. It's a really good every day flex nib. I've got a couple of more flexible nibs, but they're fussy things. They need the right paper and ink and need frequent priming. This combination just gets on with the job. No, it's not the most extravagant flex but there's very acceptable line variation to give handwriting distinctive character. The flow with the Kanwrite ebonite feed is full and consistent, which is just what a flex nib needs. The price is great - the Bock is more than double the money typically.
I don’t think I’ve written with a proper fountain pen since I was at school. And back then I’m sure my mum bought me something for economy rather than quality. I already have the pro-flex nib, but wanted to try something a little more ‘everyday.’ However, there’s nothing everyday about the medium nib for the Studio Pen. The ink-flow is wonderful and my usual scrawled handwriting looks a little spiffier. I also bought a bottle of Mulberry inky goodness - so this is how I’m going to write in all my Christmas cards this year. I shall probably buy the italic nib in the New Year, and another bottle of coloured ink. To be able to change nibs in Tom’s wonderfully-crafted Studio Pen just adds to the joy.
Great nib, excellent customer service
I recently bought the Spark fountain pen which I really enjoy using. It is beautifully made, well balanced and different nibs can easily be fitted. I bought the pen with a fine nib then decided to try the ef semi flex. Both nibs work very well on a variety of papers. The semi flex is loads of fun and I look forward to seeing how they develop over time. I have been looking for a pen that I can write and draw with for an age. The Spark and its nibs are a great solution. I will definitely buy from Tom's Studio again.