Beauty is in the eye of the pen holder
Fountain Pen Nibs:
Made exclusively for the Spark, all of my nibs are tipped with incredibly hard-wearing iridium for super smooth writing, and are plated in a 14k gold for a classically stunning look. As a bonus all nibs can be interchanged (including the Pro-Flex) so you can easily write in different styles whenever it suits you.
- Extra Fine Semi-Flex - A beautiful extra fine fountain pen nib with flex! This is a great middle-ground between the Pro Flex and our classic fountain pen nib, with it's smooth writing experience and minimal maintenance. By applying a little pressure the nib will flex from 0.5mm to 1.5mm.
- Fine - A springy and smooth nib perfect for delicate thin strokes, with a smidge of flex if you're feeling creative.
- Medium - The go-to nib for the author, journaller or note-taker. This is a firm and consistent nib for everyday writing.
- Italic Stub - An italic stub nib, which has slightly rounded edges to minimise the snag & scratchiness that a classic Italic nib can sometimes create, making it great for beginners. It produces a thin cross stroke and broad down stroke. It's fun for general writing and gives you the opportunity to practice italic calligraphy anytime.
- Architect - This is the opposite of the Italic nib, with a broad cross stroke and a thin down stroke. It's my personal favourite - the effortless big juicy lines make it my go-to for sketching and everyday use.
Pro-Flex - Calligraphy Nib
- The Holy Grail - Just like a calligraphy pen, the thickness of the line can be varied with a little pressure, so you can create beautiful thick and thin strokes without the need to dip. It comes with a Zebra G nib installed in a Japanese ebonite (special vulcanised rubber) housing and feed which gives you consistently great ink flow.
Pro-Flex - Prototype
- I've designed the prototype Pro-Flex with an innovative leaf spring which moves with the nib. It's a 3D printed white feed (which by happy accident changes colour depending on the ink used in the pen). It's early days but we've had rave reviews from customers and calligraphers alike and it seems to be performing as well as the original Pro-Flex for consistent ink flow when fully flexed. All feedback welcome to further improve the design!
Extra Fine Semi-Flex - Extra Inky Prototype
I've applied the same 3D printed feed design to the Semi-Flex nib for improved ink flow. Because this is fitted with a flexible fountain pen nib, this option is for the casual calligrapher who likes the flexible fun this nib provides without the faff of changing a professional calligraphy nib when it corrodes. This is a prototype but so far it's performing incredibly well!
Please read my FAQs (below) to help you make the best choice when choosing your Spark's nib.
We Ship Internationally.We take care of VAT and customs duty for European customers.Your order will be shipped within 48 hours when in stock, please refer to lead times of the product you are buying, as some handmade / hand dipped products may take longer until we send them. Delivery is calculated from dispatch.All UK orders are shipped using Royal Mail Tracked 48 and are free over £60. If you need your order by a specific date there is a next-day Special Delivery option.
If your order contains a pre-order item, your whole order will be shipped together in order to minimise our carbon footprint. So please refer to pre-order delivery times in this instance. Alternatively, you can ask us to split the order. In this case additional delivery costs will apply. Please contact email@example.com for further information.