Flourish Curve - Oblique Calligraphy Pen
Make changing nibs a breeze with Flourish -
The most versatile calligraphy pen ever made...
As no two calligraphers are the same, I designed the pen so that you can easily customise the angle of the nib to suit your calligraphy style (and stop that annoying snag on paper on an upstroke). I’ve also refined the balance of the pen so that the centre of gravity sits between your forefinger and your thumb joint, making it feel neither top nor bottom heavy.
- This new pen also has an updated flange to hold nibs and pencil leads even more securely.
- Every pen is machined from solid metals on a lathe used for making fine watch and aerospace grade components, so you can be sure your pen will write perfectly for years and years to come.
- Measures 160mm x 10mm (at the grip section) and weighs 19g.
- Comes in a beautifully crafted gift box.
- Designed with the planet in mind. I’ve made sure that this pen is made from infinitely recyclable materials, such as brass and aluminium, which are easily separated (no glue or un-recyclable plastics here).
- And because each flourish pen has been dyed by hand, each and every one is as unique as you and your writing style!
- Every Pen is dip dyed by hand so may have small colour variations; it's part of what makes your pen unique.
- Nibs are sold separately and you can find them here
- I have a superb range of inks to compliment your pen and you can find them here
- Shipping times are calculated from dispatch.
- We offer a complimentary repair service, so should your Flourish pen need a little TLC please contact us .
Standard Shipping Costs:
EU: £29.00 (charged in local currency)
USA: from £15.00 (charged in local currency)
Rest of the world:
We Ship Internationally. We take care of VAT and customs duty for European customers.Your order will be shipped within 48 hours when in stock, please refer to lead times of the product you are buying, as some handmade / hand dipped products may take longer until we send them. Delivery is calculated from dispatch. All UK orders are shipped using Royal Mail Tracked 48. If you need your order by a specific date there is a next-day Special Delivery option.
If your order contains a pre-order item, your whole order will be shipped together in order to minimise our carbon footprint. So please refer to pre-order delivery times in this instance. Alternatively, you can ask us to split the order. In this case additional delivery costs will apply. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Waiting for about 2 weeks, finally I got Tom’s beautiful oblique calligraphy pen “sunrise” ! The texture and weight are really nice for me and It perfectly fits my hand. I’m sure my calligraphy journey will be more fun!!
When you have the right tools, you can accomplish anything. Well this pen is certainly the right tool for me. Not too heavy and not too light; it's just right. The nib is easy to insert the the ink flows from it like the tears of an angel. The coloured inks are sublime and there are so many to choose from. I could not recommend these pens and all the necessary accoutrements, highly enough.
Not only is this pen absolutely stunning, it’s so lovely to write with. It’s easy to see that so much thought has gone into it and all the little details are great! I love that I can angle the nib up slightly so it doesn’t snag on upstrokes. The weight also feels very nice in my hand. A joy to write with!
It is a beautiful pen, but for me very unbalanced.... I think because the pen is so very light weight, the flange so heavy, the flange constantly (as soon as you loosen your hold the least bit) pivots down to the 6 o'clock position...very disappointing on such a beautiful pen. Lesson learned...
Thank you so much for your review, and we're so sorry that you're not getting on as well with the Flourish than we would have hoped. The trade off with having an adjustable flange that can accommodate multiple nibs is that it is slightly heavier than your standard flange; it's a bit of a design trade off that we had to made in order to create a truly universal flange. Our hope is that this trade off is worth it for the versatility the pen offers, and that with use you will get use to the feel of the pen in your hand.
We're always really happy to receive feedback though as it keeps driving us to innovate and hopefully create the best product we can.
Tom & the team.
Just blown away by the thought that has gone into making this pen. It's beautiful as well as extremely functional.